MCP23017 16-Channel 8W Open Collector FET Driver with IoT Interface
- 16-Channel On/Off Lighting Control Shield with IoT Interface
- Compatible with Particle Photon, Electron, or Bluz
- Adaptable to Arduino, PyCom, Raspberry Pi, Onion and more
- 16 N-Channel Open Collector BUK98150-55A 55V 5.5A 8W Power Fets
- Solid-State On/Off Control of Incandescent or High-Power LED Lighting
- Designed for Resistive Solid State DC Switching Applications
- I2C Expansion Port for Adding External Sensors or Controllers
- MCP23017 16-Channel I2C Interface
- Includes FREE I2C Expansion Cable
This 16-Channel power FET driver allows high-current loads to be controlled from your favorite IoT communications module using I2C communications. This device uses sixteen BUK98150-55A power FETs, allowing cloud control of 16 channels of High-Power LED or incandescent lighting from anywhere in the world. The BUK98150-55A is capable of switching up to 55VDC and 5.5 Amps of current (8 Watts of Heat Dissipation), making it an ideal choice for most low-voltage DC lighting applications. The MCP23017 GPIO chip is used as a driver for this controller, making communications easy and expandable to up to 8 devices on a single I2C port.
What is the QATALYTIC IoT Interface?
The QATALYTIC IoT Interface provides users with a means of changing or upgrading the IoT communications technology as new technologies emerge. The QATALYTIC IoT Interface is directly compatible with Particle Photon for WiFi communications, Electron for Cellular Communications, Bluz for Bluetooth. Optionally, adapters may be installed to provide a direct interface to Arduino Nano, Micro, USB, PyCom WyPy, Onion Omega, Raspberry Pi, and much more. The QATALYTIC IoT interface allows you to re-use your hardware so it never becomes obsolete! Based on I2C communications, the QATALYTIC IoT Interface uses only 2 GPIO lines of your microcontroller, freeing the rest of your CPU for other tasks.