MCP23008 8-Channel 8W Open Collector FET Driver with I2C Interface
- Power FET Controller with I2C Interface
- 8 N-Channel Open Collector BUK98150-55A 55V 5.5A 8W Power Fets
- Solid-State On/Off Control of Incandescent or High-Power LED Lighting
- Designed for Resistive Solid State DC Switching Applications
- I2C Expansion Port for Adding External Sensors or Controllers
- MCP23008 8-Channel I2C Interface
- Includes FREE I2C Expansion Cable
This 8-Channel power FET driver allows high-current loads to be controlled using I2C communications, making it compatible with all computing platforms, including Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Particle Photon, BeagleBone, and much more. This device uses eight BUK98150-55A power FETs, allowing control of 8 channels of High-Power LED or incandescent lighting using the I2C data bus. The BUK98150-55A is capable of switching up to 55VDC and 5.5 Amps of current (8 Watts of Heat Dissipation), making it an ideal choice for most low-voltage DC lighting applications. The MCP23008 GPIO chip is used as a driver for this controller, making communications easy and expandable to up to 8 devices on a single I2C port.
Take control of your DC lighting applications from any computing platform. Plug this device into a Particle Photon or Particle Electron for worldwide access using the Particle Cloud infrastructure. Plug this device into an Arduino for easy programming and quick development. Plug into a Linux using Raspberry Pi or BeagleBone for cost sensitive applications that require some computing power. We are always developing GitHub libraries for Java, Python, and Arduino to help get you started. Our development library makes it easy to control this device with minimal coding. I2C expansion port makes it easy to add sensors or more controllers to the I2C bus.