IoT Long Range Wireless Analog Digital Converter (3.3 V)
- Industrial Grade 2-Channel Analog to Digital Converter
- 10-bit Resolution ±2 LSB Absolute Accuracy
- Auto ADC Sample Transmission on Analog Voltage Change
- Configurable 10% Analog Voltage Change Detection
- 2 Mile Line-of-Sight Range with On-Board Antenna
- Superior LOS range of up to 28 Miles with High-Gain Antennas
- Interface to Raspberry Pi, Microsoft® Azure®, Losant, and More
- Example Software for Visual Studio and LabVIEW®
- Wireless Mesh Networking using DigiMesh®
- Open Communication Protocol for Easy Software Integration
- Small 3″ x 3″ Form Factor Wireless Analog to Digital Converter
- Power-Efficient Sleep Mode, Up to 10 Year Battery Life
- User Configurable Sleep duration
- Up to 500,000 Transmissions from 2 AA Batteries
- Includes Battery Level with Every Transmission
- Validates and Retries Lost Communication Packets
Long Range IoT Wireless Analog-Digital Converter (3.3V)
Introducing Dcube‘s Long Range IoT Wireless Analog to Digital converter (ADC), boasting as much as a 2-mile range using a wireless mesh networking architecture. It incorporates a 2 channel 10-bit ADC that samples analog inputs at user-defined intervals and sends a wi-fi transmission to far off gateways and modems. After sampling, this device is going to sleep to reduce power consumption and prolong battery existence. This IoT wireless Analog to Digital converter has an extra feature of detecting a change in voltage every 7 seconds (user configurable) and sending out ADC samples if the change in voltage on any channel is greater than 10% (consumer-configurable). To reduce power intake, it sleeps in the course of the time it isn’t checking for a change in analog voltage. Each of those features works together, assisting multiple software areas in a single package. This wireless Analog to Digital converter helps dual inputs with a voltage range between 0 and 3.3V DC.
Powered by just 2 AA batteries and an operational lifetime of 500,000 wireless transmissions, a 10 years battery life can be expected depending on environmental conditions and the data transmission interval. Optionally, this sensor may be externally powered.
With an open communication protocol, this sensor can be integrated with just about any control system or gateway. Data can be transmitted to a PC, a Raspberry Pi, to Microsoft Azure® IoT, or Arduino. Sensor parameters and wireless transmission settings can be changed on the go using the open communication protocol providing maximum configurability depending on the intended application.
The long term, cost, accuracy, battery life and security features of Analog-to-Digital wireless IOT digital converters make it an affordable choice that exceeds the requirements of most industrial and consumer applications.
Note: The Board has Pull Up and Pull Down solder jumpers. These Jumpers can be changed based on user Requirement. For more Info Check out Wiring Diagram In the Resources Section. By default “COM” is connected to 3.3V and ADC1 and ADC2 are pulled low. Jumper J2 can be used to change the “COM” voltage level and jumper J1 can be used to change the ADC pull up/down.
Now Supporting Microsoft Azure® IoT, Losant, and MQTT
We’ve been working with exceptionally talented engineers to post data from our sensors to Azure® IoT, Losant and MQTT. We can even help you. If you work on a platform not listed here, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Resistive Analog Sensor Interface
- Wireless Low Analog Voltage Monitoring
- Low Voltage Change Alarm Application
- Analog Transducer Interface
- Read Sensors Like Force, Strain Gauge, Pressure
- Analog Input To Cloud Like AWS and Azure